Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 2.

You would think that the first blog post you write is the hardest because you don't know what to write, and you aren't sure if people are really going to care.

Well, I would disagree.

I think that the second post you write is the hardest because you've already established yourself in your first post, but it's the second that is going to truly hook your readers.

Are you hooked yet?

Well if not, that's okay- keep reading.


You may be wondering why I named my blog "Life in BeckyColor"? As the story goes, one of my friends, Jon Sigmon (Sig) is a fabulous youth pastor/worship leader/tech guru at Calvary Assembly in Rochester, NY. He is also a good friend of the Husband and happens to arrange songs in his spare time.

This is Sig.
I also happen to be IN LOVE with the band Coldplay and their song Life in Technicolor. One day,
the husband and I were driving some where and heard the song and collaboratively thought "Hey, this would be perfect for the processional song at the wedding".... Okay, that is what I thought. He probably thought..."Good. Song. Wedding." ":)

So to make a long story short, Sig took Coldplay's "Life in Technicolor", arranged it, and made it "Life in Becky Color"... taking a 2 minute song and extending it to a fantastic 4 minute and 21 second processional song. Bravo Sigmon.


So the name stuck and the rest is blog history.


How am I doing so far? Utterly boring you or totally engaging you? Sorry if it's the latter :)


As most of you know, I have decided to go back to school. As if one degree was enough! Since I've got my B.S in Public Relations and have been out in the field for 3.5 years now, it just TOTALLY.MAKES.SENSE. for me to go back for Elementary Education, right??

I am fully ready to admit that it doesn't really make sense that I am completely switching my area of focus from PR to Elementary Education. The only problem is, well, I just love kids! I believe in them. I want to see them grow and learn. I want to help them discover new things, encourage them to take challenges, and give them a high five for acing a spelling test! I want to have the cheesey apple on my desk since I'm a teacher, I want to give hugs and get hugs from kids, I want to go to their recitals and soccer games. I want them to know that someone believes in them.


And just for a little encouragement this week, this welcomed me while I was getting ready for school.



Thanks husband :) Happy 5 months!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm hooked Becky : ) And you can high-five my kids any day!

    ReplyDelete