Thursday, February 17, 2011

Well it's official.

The husband and I are  
d.u.m.p.s.t.e.r divers.

We decided to go for walk tonight (which usually consist of me attempting to power walk and while the husband trys to keep up) since it was gorge-oso out. We decided to make a quick pit stop at the dumpster to drop off our trash. WELL, one of our lovely neighbors decided to drop off an AWESOME huge, glossy pot AND an antique bench.

Folks, this is great news- GREAT NEWS because I happen to be in need of an antique bench. Why? Well, I'm going to rip the top off of it, the husband is going to make me a larger, nicer top and wah lah- coffee table. Why would I need a large pot? 

Why wouldn't I need a large pot?

So, does this make me a career dumpster diver? I sure hope not. In fact, I had to look up the definition of dumpster diving, just so I could make sure I am in the clear:

Definition
Dumpster Divers are people who search for things that other people have thrown out that are still useful, can be recycled, and have value. Dumpster Divers will not only pick up discarded items left at the curbside of people's homes, but they will climb into dumpsters at apartment buildings and behind shopping centers.
However! Most don't actually get in the bins. Most people have some sort of long pole which allows them to just lean over the dumpster and pull the items up to them. People enjoy this hobby. It's like a Treasure Hunt.


So then I had this great idea- I should see if I can find funny You Tube videos on dumpster diving. Well that was a fail because there aren't any funny dumpster diving videos! They're all sad and depressing, so knix that idea.

So, I found this instead: 




Right??




1 comment:

  1. This post is awesome!!! So sounds like something I would do!! I'm not sure what my husband would think, but oh well!

    ReplyDelete