Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Snow. Day.

Ahhh, those two lovely words that are like magic to a child's (and adults!) ears.

Snow. Day.

What do those words mean to Y-O-U?

I know for me they meant, snow angels, sleeping in, sledding with the neighbors, drinking hot chocolate, watching movies, reading, and at night, enjoying the "snow glow" that sets in (you know, that soft glow that night takes on when it is snowing). It is fantastic.



Well as an adult, there are certain dilemmas we face with those two words- snowy roads = uber cautious drivers, do you go into work, call in "sick" or attempt to drive in and arrive an hour late? My dilemma of this morning was- WHAT DO I WEAR?

....I know, you are probably thinking- really though? It's snowing, no one cares. Well, friends, I care and my dilemma started with do I wear my outfit I have planned out, OR do I rock the Uggs and a sweatshirt, OR do I wear my tall brown boots with the wedge, kitten heel and hope for the best? Dilemmas people.

...so I decided on the wedge kitten heel boot over the Uggs. 
Comfy yet not totally unprofessional and they
surprisingly worked well in the snow.


In fact, today's Snow.Day. outfit consisted of my tall brown boots (Target, $29.99), tall, light gray socks that hit just below the knee and just above the boot (Target, $2.99), dark skinny jeans tucked in the boot and in the socks (Gap, $69.50), a deep v-necked white long tee (F21, $6.50), a long grayeige SUPER COMFY cardigan (F21, $14.50), and a light gray beanie (Walmart, $1.50).

Can't picture it? Me neither...I am working on posting pictures sometime soon...

On a much different note and another fantastic thing about SNOW.DAYS are snowy nights when you can go out in the snow and play with the husband. This consisted of making snow angels, annoying the neighbors dogs, AND building the BEST LOOKING snowman, E.V.E.R.

  
Meet Snowman Bill
The process of going out to play in the snow is a hefty one. I hate putting on all of the layers and I think just standing in one place with all of my layers on (I wear about 6) literally makes me tired...


As you can tell, it is quite the process for the Husband and myself. Please not the massive pile of coats 
behind my feet.



Well, as you can see, we finally got done putting on our 6+ layers and we were ready for some fun!

Yes, he is quite large

Snowman Bill



And then there is the fact that once you come in you are DRIPPING wet with snow...literally

Melt Down
Here is to more fantastic Snow. Days. to come!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could meet Mr. Bill! It seems like a really great guy. I also wish I was able to play in the snow! Please send some snow to me Becky!

    ReplyDelete