Monday, January 31, 2011

Terrible. Horrible. NO GOOD. Very Bad Day

Friends,

As I sit here and write I am in a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad mood.

Do you remember this guy?

If you haven't read this book, it is the ideal one to read when you are, well, having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

To sum up my day, lots of things happen, a few things didn't happen, and I ended up in a crabby mood. Yes, I know, hard to believe it right??

The best part of my day (aside from spending time with the husband and in-laws) was the start of my first day as an after school coordinator with the YMCA (yes, my past employer as of 3 weeks ago). Basically, I get to hang out with 15 School District of Lancaster kids and then a few more (which I have yet to meet) at a Manheim Central elementary school. And let me just say, these.kids.rock. They are literally so cool. Today, I witnessed one 8 year old having a ROYAL MELT DOWN on the bathroom floor, and 2 other 8-9 year old girls came in and heaped a ton of encouragement on her! I mean, it was really incredible because this little lady was S.O.B.B.I.N.G and her two friends just lifted her spirits.

THEN, there was Romero the break dancer.


I am not kidding, this 8 year old can DANCE. Think Stomp the Yard, Step Up style. At one point he's spinning on his head, popping, locking and dropping AND doing some other form of break dancing I've never even seen before. He proudly claimed "I've got dancing videos on YouTube". I mean what??? The kid is good and since, well, you know, I'm half Filipino, I figure I've got some rhythm right??

Wrong.

There is nothing like getting laughed at by an 8-9 year old....

You win some, you lose some.
So in the spirit of dancing, and to cheer me up a bit, I decided to watch some pretty great dancing sequences, and decided that the last dance sequence from Step Up 2 is my favorite.

 


Can anyone tell me how that girl moves her body???

And now that I'm on a roll, I really wish I could sing, and my life would be a musical...kind of like Glee...






And since we're going crazy now, this would be the IDEAL song and dance for me:

She is so cool.

After watching and listening to all those songs and dances, I think I'm going to do Wii DDR and get out of this grumpy mood...what do you think?


Daily Weardrobe:
Flats: Gap, Jeans: Gap, Long Sleeve Tee: Jimmy's, Jacket, Kohl's, Necklace: H&M Switzerland

2 comments:

  1. I really wish I could dance like that. Maybe even more than I wish that I could sing like that. I don't know.. its a close call. Either way I'd love to have those skillz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are wayyyy too cute :-) Thanks for making me smile!

    ReplyDelete