Thursday, March 17, 2011

Too legit to quit.

Well friends, the husband and I are officially too legit to quit (just in case you were wondering). Wanna know why? Well,

we officially said goodbye to the PC world

and bought a Mac.

And once again, Steve Jobs has proved his amazing-ness. 

And why is it now that I have a Mac, I feel 10x COOLER?? I mean, it's just a computer right? Right. But it's a smart computer. A savvy computer. A slick computer. It moves fast, stays cool, and I currently have a very high res. picture of a zebra staring at me from my desktop background. Oh yeah, it's just that cool. I even feel cooler blogging now.

Feel free to roll your eyes at me. 

So in the spirit of my recent purchase, I found this pretty funny video pertaining to Macs...

Thanks Steve Jobs.


Anyway, on a much different note, I ran into one of my colleagues from the Y who happens to read my blog (thanks Susan!) and she brought to my attention that I did not really write anything about Florida fashion last week. Well, to be honest, it was too stinkin' COLD to even really care about anything other than getting warm. That, paired with Daytona's Motorcycle Week left much to be desired. I mean, if I was in the business of looking for the next lace skull camp, or a sweet pair of chaps, or a tank top with hook and eyes all the way down (which exposed WAY too much), then, yes, I may have been inspired. But, well- that just wasn't cutting it for me!

HOWEVER, the husband and I stopped in Savannah to spend a day and night and let me just say, those southern girls know how to dress- especially in cooler weather. One of my favorite things about "cooler" weather is the fact that you can pair sandals with a sweater or a long sleeve shirt or jacket/blazer. I love that. I'm really looking forward to the days coming up when I can do that. So here are a few of my inspirations I found to keep us warm when it's cool out:


Even Dakota Fanning (does anyone remember when she was 8 years old?? When did she grow up??) is rocking the flips and the blazer.


I also really love the boyfriend jean look. I know many people are going to read this and say, psh I could never rock that. But, I would say YOU CAN! If you like a little structure, pair it with a blazer and some heels or flats. You can always tuck your shirt in (just as long as it isn't too tight), throw on a loose scarf or layer necklaces, throw on a cardigan and you have a great outfit! Check out some of these pictures I found of how you can rock them this spring and summer:
Obsessed with stripes. And boyfriend pants. And summer. And spring. And sunshine.

This one is specifically for the best friend who would argue that she couldn't wear boyfriend jeans because they aren't "structured"- pair 'em with a structured blazer and booties and bamo!

I love the idea of wearing a spring time trench coat with the boyfriend jeans. The  lady in the middle did an awesome job because had she worn flats, it would have made her look short and cut off. Because she wore the heels, it makes her look rock-star taller!

I really love the structure of the entire outfit, even though she is wearing loose fitting jeans. And of course, since I'm slightly obsessed with stripes, the pop of black and white really makes the outfit!

I love the simplicity of this look!

I love that this model is obviously standing on her tip toes and not wearing heels. As if the 5'10 model needs to be any taller!! But I love her outfit, so she's winning anyway.



So those are just my thoughts for today. After I hit "publish post" I'm going to step outside and HOPEFULLY feel some warmer weather. Happy St. Patties Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment