Friday, July 15, 2011

Days like today...

If you are anywhere near the North Eastern coast of the States right now you are enjoying some amazing summer weather. Highs have been in the mid 80's, low humidity with a slight breeze. These are the days we dream about when the roads are icy, face freezes off when you stick your head out the door, and you are forced to wear some flat footed shoe because heels don't get much traction on ice.




These are the days we live for.

And as I sit inside studying for my math Praxis test (read my feelings on this test in previous blog entry) on this gorgeous evening, waiting for husband to come home from softball, I am not dreaming about the beautiful weather in Pennsylvania, but rather the beautiful weather in Nice, France.

It is days like today where I dream about the perfect weather, perfect humidity, perfect sea smell, perfect food and gelato, perfect cobble stone streets, perfect European style, and perfect sounds, like the pebbles rolling on the beach as the waves hit them. Just flipping through the honeymoon pictures has made me ache to be in the Riviera again. 





So how do I cure this ache?? Considering that the final Harry Potter has finally come out (!!!!!!!!) and I will be seeing it in IMAX 3D(!!!!!!!!!!!) I will safely not be jet setting across the Atlantic this weekend (priorities you know...).

And considering that the husband and I are currently on a super fun budget right now, we will not be reliving our honeymoon a la France.

Sooo until that next time when I will be seeing the great Riviera again (or until I get over my current pining for it....) I am going to read French-y blogs, go through my stuff collected from the trip, wear my jewelry I got there, set my desktop background to a picture of our honeymoon, and watch Harry Potter.


Happy Weekend Friends!

1 comment:

  1. buh! I'm right there with you. Maybe adding the Riviera to our Italy trip is a good idea?? I currently (actually, I always do) have an Italian scene on my desktop at the shop. Dreams do come true....right?

    ReplyDelete