Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Hoarding. Buried Alive.



Has anyone watched that Hoarding: Buried Alive show? Or how about just Hoarders? One is on TLC and the other on A&E. Tyler and I love to watch this show, mainly because it's so addicting (haha get it- hoarding, addicting....) and really interesting. It also strikes a note in my own heart for a certain reason...Friends, those shows terrify me for one reason and one reason only:


I have hoarding tendencies.
 (cue dramatic music)

Gosh, that was hard to admit out loud. But it's true! Well, before you let your imagination run rampant and try to imagine what all I could hoard, I can assure you that there are only 3 things that I hoard.

Pens

Magazines

Shopping bags

I can throw literally every other thing out, but you make me get rid of a pen or a magazine or a shopping bag- watch out! I realize that my previous statement sounded a bit melodramatic, so I will rephrase that:

Even though I have pens, markers, and Sharpies up to my eye brows, I continue to purchase more- i.e my little shopping trip today to Staples. I got this fantastic pack of 12 Paper Mate colorful pens:


Now I didn't really need them per say- but they were on sale at Staples and, just look at the pretty colors! These can now be added to my plethora of sparkly pens, sharpies, permanent markers and mechanical pencils. Husband just rolls his eyes at me. 

Next thing, I can not throw away magazines. A few months ago I purged all of my fashion magazines I have saved up for years (just in case I need some sort of inspiration one day). I literally had 3 full shopping bags of magazines that I recycled or gave out to friends. I'm really working hard at breaking this one, but it's just so hard to get rid of them because that voice in the back of my head is saying- some day you will need to get inspired AND you can save the planet by not throwing these away. Darn that voice.




(And yes these are three issues of these magazines I have hoarded...)

And finally, the shopping bags.

It's true, I hoard store bags. Not grocery store bags (although we do have plenty of those too), but bags from shopping trips like Gap, H&M, Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Mango, etc. Some of the bags I have kept are from foreign countries (i.e Switzerland and Cannes, Fr) so those happen to have memories. But the others...there really is no excuse, and I digress.

So there you have it- I'm a closet hoarder...and I'm not proud of it. And since you are reading this, that means that I have been avoiding studying AGAIN for the math Praxis. I digress again. (Husband is once again rolling his eyes at me...)

Happy Hoarding!




No comments:

Post a Comment